- Joined the New Alliance in 2013
- Development partner lead: Germany
- Plan d’Investissement Agricole, 2010-2015
Highlights of progress from 2013-2014:
- 23 Letters of Intent (LOIs) referencing $410 million in private sector commitments [17 LOIs reporting]
- $30 million in investments made on LOIs in 2013 [20 LOIs reporting]
- 13,430 smallholders reached through LOIs in 2013 [6 LOIs reporting]
- 326 jobs created through LOIs in 2013 [10 LOIs reporting]
- $13 million in development partner commitments disbursed (53% of expected) [6 out of 8 partners reporting]
- 9% of government policy actions due by June 2014 are complete, 91% are in progress
Download Benin's Cooperation Framework for detailed information on commitments made by New Alliance partners to support the country’s plan for agricultural growth.
LOI data self-reported by companies to Grow Africa. Similar data collected in Senegal and Benin, which are not Grow Africa members.