- Joined the New Alliance in 2012
- Development partner lead: France
- Programme Mondial pour l’Agriculture et la Sécurité Alimentaire
Highlights of progress from 2013-2014:
- 18 Letters of Intent (LOIs) referencing $56 million in private sector commitments [9 LOIs reporting]
- $36 million in investments made on LOIs in 2013 [6 LOIs reporting]
- 172,000 smallholders reached through LOIs in 2013 [6 LOIs reporting]
- 1,751 jobs created through LOIs in 2013 [5 LOIs reporting]
- $280 million in development partner commitments disbursed (60% of expected) [4 out of 5 partners reporting]
- 47% of government policy actions due by June 2014 are complete, 53% are in progress
Download Burkina Faso’s Cooperation Framework for detailed information on commitments made by New Alliance partners to support the country’s plan for agricultural growth.
LOI data self-reported by companies to Grow Africa. Similar data collected in Senegal and Benin, which are not Grow Africa members.