- Joined the New Alliance in 2012
- Development partner lead: United States of America
- Ethiopia Post-Compact Investment Plan
Highlights of progress from 2013-2014:
- 15 Letters of Intent (LOIs) referencing $20 million in private sector commitments [4 LOIs reporting]
- $29 million in investments made on LOIs in 2013 [6 LOIs reporting]
- 174,000 smallholders reached through LOIs in 2013 [7 LOIs reporting]
- 1,042 jobs created through LOIs in 2013 [5 LOIs reporting]
- $931 million in development partner commitments disbursed (87% of expected) [8 out of 9 partners reporting]
- 7% of government policy actions due by June 2014 are complete, 71% are in progress
Download Ethiopia’s Cooperation Framework for detailed information on commitments made by New Alliance partners to support the country’s plan for agricultural growth.
LOI data self-reported by companies to Grow Africa. Similar data collected in Senegal and Benin, which are not Grow Africa members.