- Joined the New Alliance in 2013
- Development partner lead: European Union
- The Agriculture Sector Wide Approach: Malawi’s prioritised and harmonised Agricultural Development Agenda
Highlights of progress from 2013-2014:
- 26 Letters of Intent (LOIs) referencing $177 million in private sector commitments [19 LOIs reporting]
- $31 million in investments made on LOIs in 2013 [9 LOIs reporting]
- 156,000 smallholders reached through LOIs in 2013 [8 LOIs reporting]
- 2,750 jobs created through LOIs in 2013 [5 LOIs reporting]
- $121 million in development partner commitments disbursed (82% of expected) [8 out of 9 partners reporting]
- 11% of government policy actions due by June 2014 are complete, 89% are in progress
Download Malawi’s Cooperation Framework for detailed information on commitments made by New Alliance partners to support the country’s plan for agricultural growth.
LOI data self-reported by companies to Grow Africa. Similar data collected in Senegal and Benin, which are not Grow Africa members.