- Joined the New Alliance in 2013
- Development partner lead: Japan and the United States of America
- Mozambique National Agriculture Investment Plan 2014-2018
Highlights of progress from 2013-2014:
- 20 Letters of Intent (LOIs) referencing $173 million in private sector commitments [4 LOIs reporting]
- $91 million in investments made on LOIs in 2013 [6 LOIs reporting]
- 225,000 smallholders reached through LOIs in 2013 [10 LOIs reporting]
- 1,430 jobs created through LOIs in 2013 [5 LOIs reporting]
- $174 million in development partner commitments disbursed (87% of expected) [5 out of 5 partners reporting]
- 33% of government policy actions due by June 2014 are complete, 60% are in progress
Download Mozambique’s Cooperation Framework for detailed information on commitments made by New Alliance partners to support the country’s plan for agricultural growth.
LOI data self-reported by companies to Grow Africa. Similar data collected in Senegal and Benin, which are not Grow Africa members.