- Joined the New Alliance in 2013
- Development partner lead: United Kingdom
- Nigeria National Agricultural Investment Plan 2011-2014
Highlights of progress from 2013-2014:
- 29 Letters of Intent (LOIs) referencing $3,591 million in private sector commitments [25 LOIs reporting]
- $611 million in investments made on LOIs in 2013 [14 LOIs reporting]
- 7,292 smallholders reached through LOIs in 2013 [5 LOIs reporting]
- 22,672 jobs created through LOIs in 2013 [9 LOIs reporting]
- $57 million in development partner commitments disbursed (49% of expected) [6 out of 6 partners reporting]
- 36% of government policy actions due by June 2014 are complete, 64% are in progress
Download Nigeria’s Cooperation Framework for detailed information on commitments made by New Alliance partners to support the country’s plan for agricultural growth.
LOI data self-reported by companies to Grow Africa. Similar data collected in Senegal and Benin, which are not Grow Africa members.