- Joined the New Alliance in 2013
- Development partner lead: Canada
- Senegal National Agricultural Investment Plan 2011-2015 (French)
Highlights of progress from 2013-2014:
- 36 Letters of Intent (LOIs) referencing $353 million in private sector commitments [36 LOIs reporting]
- $126 million in investments made on LOIs in 2013 [29 LOIs reporting]
- 67,773 smallholders reached through LOIs in 2013 [26 LOIs reporting]
- 1,990 jobs created through LOIs in 2013 [29 LOIs reporting]
- $111 million in development partner commitments disbursed (46% of expected) [5 out of 7 partners reporting]
- 0% of government policy actions due by June 2014 are complete, 100% are in progress
Download Senegal’s Cooperation Framework for detailed information on commitments made by New Alliance partners to support the country’s plan for agricultural growth.
LOI data self-reported by companies to Grow Africa. Similar data collected in Senegal and Benin, which are not Grow Africa members.