- Joined the New Alliance in 2012
- Development partner lead: United States of America
- Tanzania Agriculture and Food Security Investment Plan 2011-2020
Highlights of progress from 2013-2014:
- 21 Letters of Intent (LOIs) referencing $34 million in private sector commitments [4 LOIs reporting]
- $9.7 million in investments made on LOIs in 2013 [11 LOIs reporting]
- 453,000 smallholders reached through LOIs in 2013 [10 LOIs reporting]
- 1,049 jobs created through LOIs in 2013 [5 LOIs reporting]
- $192 million in development partner commitments disbursed (58% of expected) [5 out of 7 partners reporting]
- 15% of government policy actions due by June 2014 are complete, 85% are in progress
Download Tanzania’s Cooperation Framework for detailed information on commitments made by New Alliance partners to support the country’s plan for agricultural growth.
LOI data self-reported by companies to Grow Africa. Similar data collected in Senegal and Benin, which are not Grow Africa members.